Lemon Pepper Glazed Cauliflower
This recipe goes well with rice and vegetable on the side. The batter and breading give a very nice taste and consistency to cauliflower, with extra protein in the cricket powder. A whole complete meal :)
Good for 2-3 people
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp Inpulse organic cricket powder
1/2 cup desiccated coconut (or sub more bread crumbs)
1/3 cup lemon juice (from 1 1/2 lemon)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water —
For the glaze, mix everything (except the diluted cornstarch) into a sauce pan and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes until it starts to boil. Turn off heat then pour in the cornstarch and mix until it thickens.
1. In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the batter until it turns into a smooth, thick consistency.
2. Evenly coat the florets in the batter.
3. In another bowl, add in the bread crumbs and desiccated coconut. Mix.
4. Place each cauliflower into the breadcrumb mixture. Coat and press down the bread crumbs on the cauliflower.
5. After coating each one in the batter then bread crumbs, you can repeat this step to double coat the cauliflower.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, cook the florets until golden brown, moving it around on each side.
7. Transfer to a bowl and then pour in the glaze. Enjoy while hot!
|Total:||1 534 Kcal||248 G||24 L||55 P|
|Per portion (5)||307 Kcal||50 G||5 L||11 P|