This banana bread is packed with protein and vitamins thanks to our cricket powder, and fibers with the oats and walnuts ! Good for the mood and body !
For 1 small baking tin:
- 140g flour
- 40g oat flour / grounded oats
- 2 tbps Inpulse organic cricket powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 ripe (! very important, it will add the sweetness and the texture to the bread) bananas + 1 for decoration
- 50g unrefinned sugar or 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon or 1 tsp natural vanilla extract (according to your taste)
- 1 egg or 1 tsp overnight chia seeds pudding mixed with 2-3 tbsp water
- 40g vegetable oil (coco or colza)
- 100ml cashew or almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 50 g (1.5oz) nuts (pecans, hazelnuts or walnuts all work well)
- Combine flour, cricket powder with oats, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Mash bananas and mix it together with the flax egg, the milk, lemon juice and the flour-mix.
- Add as much maple syrup until it’s sweet enough.
- Pour the dough into a baking tin layed out with baking paper and top it with one halfed banana. Bake for 60-80min on 180 degrees (C).
- Let cool down before you take it out the tin.